Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week 3, 2010

Luna Park
On Monday me, Matthias, Annina and Dunja went to Luna Park as normal guests. Me, Matthias and Dunja get free wristbands since we work there. Annina got a free wristband from a friend of us. He has worked in the park longer than us and can give a free wristband to friends, something we cant do since we are only summer casuals. We got there around 4pm and had 5 hours to have fun before the park closed. The park is right next to the ocean and there is a great view of the sunset, so at 8pm when the sun was going down we were watching it! It was so beautiful. Even with 5 hours we only managed to do most of the rides once and to eat dinner. But it was a wonderful afternoon!





Dalrymple-Hay Nature Reserve
Wednesday morning me and Annina went for breakfast to the Dalrymple-Hay Nature Reserve. It is a patch of old blue gum forest in the middle of the North Sydney population. All around are normal housing that you will find in any Sydney suburb, but as soon as you got into the reserve it felt like being in the middle of a big old forest. The whole reserve took only around 15-20 minutes to walk trough so it was not very big. Before entering we had breakfast on benches made from large tree trunks. She had baked bagels and we had Philadelphia and peanut butter and jam on top! We saw the biggest ant I have ever seen! It must have been 2.5 cm long and you could see the fangs. Also an enormous insect was sitting on my leg. I took a photo while it was crawling upwards. :P







Avatar 3D IMAX (Again!)
On Thursday I went to see Avatar again! This time I went with Matthias, Kristin and Annina. After my first viewing I convinced them that they also had to see it. However the IMAX has been sold out for over a month and it was also hard to make it fit with everybody's timetable. As a bonus we got tickets for half price because there is an universal Australian movie voucher that can be bought on eBay for 15 dollars and this can also be used in the IMAX! As far as I understood from what they told me after the movie, they all loved it and were impressed by the technical level. As for me, it was just as good the second time around!

1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting to hear about everything you are doing! I'm glad you are having fun and seeking all kinds of experiences from sunsets to roller coasters! I'm going to watch Avatar with Irene's friend Desiree today. I'll tell you how I liked it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete